Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year... A Fresh Start

A new year. A fresh start. With that, for me, a new word to live by for 2014. My word? Availability.

Being AVAILABLE means being wiling to adjust my own schedule, agenda, and plans to fit the right desires of God and others. It makes my personal priorities secondary to the needs of God first and others second. It is to reflect God's priorities so I am always... always AVAILABLE to Him and others.

When Jesus called Peter and Andrew to leave everything they knew to follow Him, they did it. And they did it AT ONCE. They didn't wait until they "felt" like it. They didn't wait for a better offer or better circumstances. They left AT ONCE.

Lord - help me this year to learn what it means to say yes to you AT ONCE. Immediately. Help me to be AVAILABLE to what You have called me to do every day of my life. Seeking only after You and Your desires and plans for my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment