Saturday, February 3, 2018

Just As He... So Must We!

Some mornings it’s simply difficult to leave the sanctuary, because my morning quiet time is so rich. 

And the world is so loud. 
And demanding.

But I read it today…. “Again He said, ‘Peace by with you.  As the Father has sent Me, so I am sending you….’”  John 20:21

Profound words from a departing Savior.

Utterly profound.

Because we know He is, “… God’s messenger and High Priest.” (Heb 3:1)

And yet knowing this and reading the words John records of His commissioning of us for His service… seems a bit overwhelming.

But I see it differently this morning.

If the resurrected Christ lives in me, and if that resurrected Christ commissions me, then there must be a something in my mission that is calling me to resurrect something.

And if there is authority put upon me… qualifications imparted to me… success must attend me.

And I am indebted to the resurrected Christ.

To resurrect something.

Resurrect, by definition is: to raise from the dead; bring to life again; to bring back into use; to renew.

And so if the resurrected Christ lives in me, I no longer am allowed to live in defeat and despair.  It is no longer an option to live in failure and frustration. 

Because I am indebted to the resurrected Christ.

To resurrect something.

It is my obligation to bring Him my best.
To do all that I can possibly do with what I have so generously been given.

And the strength already lives inside of me!

And some days I feel as though my offering is sufficient.  And other days so weak.

But I bring it every day.  Regardless.

Because I am indebted to the the resurrected One who resurrected me.

Maybe today it’s sitting with the child to listen to their troubles and offer wise advice.
Maybe today it’s sending a card to the hurting family who has recently suffered a loss.
Maybe today it’s carving out time to visit a loved one you’ve been distant from for a while.
Maybe today it’s making your spouse their favorite meal.
Maybe today it’s forgiving yourself for not having it all together and resting in the knowledge that His love covers all mistakes ever made.
Maybe today it’s praying with the stranger at Starbucks because it is a great privilege to carry burdens of others to the cross of Christ.

Because all of these things… every small gesture of grace… is a ripple of His love and is helping to canvas the world with His glory.

Do big things with great love today.

He is calling us.  And He who has called us has equipped us with His resurrecting power.

Just as He... So must we!


No comments:

Post a Comment