Monday, September 17, 2018

A New Day Is Dawning!

God has proven to be so faithful in this season of my life.

So incredibly faithful.

And yet it is true that so much is revealed in reverse.

Because it’s often the most difficult to see the promise while you’re still in the valley.

But I feel as though there is someone today who can benefit from these words. Someone who is currently in a difficult circumstance they can’t seem to get out of. Someone who is stuck in a pattern of pain they can’t seem to overcome. Someone who is in a holding pattern and is on the verge of losing all hope.

And I get it more than you know.

Just 3 months ago our family would unknowingly embark on an uncertain journey marked with pain and suffering and loss. We would only just begin a season of hardship we’ve never quite experienced in our 25 years as a family.

And yet I can sit here today with confidence and strength and share with you that what the Lord has been doing in my life in the midst of darkness, has been worth every ounce of discouragement.

And sometimes the Lord doesn’t speak, because He’s already spoken. And often times a review of His goodness, an audit of His faithfulness is necessary in order to move into the good things He has prepared.

And so here I am, at the inauguration of close inspection… the reflection of the words He’s already spoken over my life… and it is nothing short of miraculous. Oh His ways are always higher and His Word never returns void!

In early June, just before the battle broke out, I would study in my quiet time on Isaiah 43:19 which says this in the Message translation, “Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. Be alert be present. I’m about to do something brand new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands.”

Ahh… “... don’t you see it?”

Because the truth really is that we only know it by experience of it. We can only know by experience… by an encounter… a daily pursuit.

And so it has to be that His goodness, His purpose… is known only to those who look for it!

He reveals Himself to those looking… not sitting back and waiting for the revelation, but going out to actively pursue it! He's providing direction and provision in the wilderness. In MY wilderness… in YOUR wilderness… where there is commonly no path.

My notes reveal more thoughts… notice that His promise is to provide a way THROUGH. Not a way out. And so it is our refinement THROUGH the valley.

The word through means this… “from end to end or side to side, over the whole surface or extent, from beginning to end, to ultimate purpose, to complete, sustain.”

Oh yes! And that He would be so good to have shown me this in advance of the battle!!! And that what He chose to show in advance would, for me, only be seen in reverse, proves how important the daily seeking really is! To know Him more, to live like Him more, to trust Him more.

And so I write it on my heart on a September day three months from it’s release to my head… “I must forget the pain that has passed and look ahead to the new thing God is doing!”

Because God invites me to go through so that my dependency on Him is so deepened and so that my trust in His goodness and provision alone is strengthened.

Look for Him today!
He’s speaking.
And if He’s not it might just be because He’s already spoken.
And He’s inviting you to actively pursue Him in the quiet.

“Don’t you see it?! Don’t you see Him?”

Oh friend… He's crazy about you, and it will blow your mind to know how far He’ll go to show that love to you!

Don’t look back. Forget what’s happened. A new day is dawning!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment