Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Point And Inconvenience

It’s something I’ve wrestled with for a while now. And seasons of forced rest and continued suffering have allowed me to examine more closely my genuine response to others in their trials.

Because isn’t the truth that we all really need each other? I need you and you need me. We are... quite definitely... better together.

And I have a deep appreciation for those who insist on lovingly supporting in any form or fashion. And I deeply regard those who point me towards the light. Those who remind me of Jesus and those who’s words of encouragement redirect my steps toward Him.

But if I’m being honest... if we’re all being honest... what we benefit greatly from are the ones who deliberately choose to not only acknowledge the situation of suffering, but who willingly choose to sit beside you in the waiting room of your life until the day breaks and the darkness fades.

Because kind words inspire me to want to see the light, but the sacrifice of time influences me to shift my eyes toward the sun.

So I’m challenged to alter my affection toward the hurting to accommodate their need for more than words of flattery and affirmation of what they may already know to be true. Oh how the heart often takes time to catch up to the head!

In addition I will lovingly choose to sit long... love well... be patient... and keep prayerful that the power of Christ will be seen, felt, and experienced.

Point me to the light, but willingly inconvenience yourself to wait with me to see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment