Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Don't Wait to Worship!

I wonder if we can make it a priority this year to stop waiting to worship.

Because so often we limit our exposure of the move of the Spirit of God to a day of the week or to a building we go to on Sunday morning. So often we unknowingly restrict the power of a radical encounter with Jesus because we confine Him to a space we’ve identified as acceptable and sensible.

And maybe even comfortable.

But the truth is that I’ve had amazing encounters in my car, singing worship music at the top of my lungs. I’ve met the Spirit in a coffee shop while pouring over passages that have pierced my very soul. I’ve experienced a joy-filled peace while strolling among the leaves on a sunny fall day in southern Michigan.

You find Him where you search for Him.

And an encounter with Him is only limited by our unwillingness to wholeheartedly search Him out.
If He can’t be found, then we need to re-investigate our investment.

Oh friend, look for Him! He’s all around you! He never hides Himself from the hungry soul who’s desperate for more!

Isn’t that trendies news???

No comments:

Post a Comment