Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Awake In God's Likeness

Psalm 17:15 in the Message translation says this, “And me? I plan on looking You in the face. When I get up, I’ll see Your full stature and live heaven on earth.”

Ahh... to live in the awareness of God’s divine presence! David is saying here, “I’m not placing my portion in earthly and temporal pleasures... but in beholding God’s face!”

It’s all about the face-to-face encounter with God.

My joy is found when I wake and spend time with the Father. My joy is discovered in the revelation that I have favor and friendship with God, and that I resemble Him!

Let us awake in the likeness of Him! We are changed by beholding God. By focusing on His face. By engaging with His Word daily. By seeking after Him completely.

Beholding His face alters our image.

Let us fix our eyes in the Savior until His image imprints itself on our whole entire nature. Let’s see to it that we never turn our gaze or relax our efforts of beholding Him. Let’s fixate our eyesight so much on Him until all that we have beheld in Him is represented and repeated in us!




No comments:

Post a Comment