Friday, April 12, 2019

May I Be MOVED With Compassion!

It’s my daily prayer: God help me to see WHAT You see and see HOW You see it.

But seeing isn’t enough.

Because I see the hurt clearly already.
The pain.
The unrest.
The anxiety.
The war.

I see it already.

And yet this is the asking for vision through new eyes. Fresh perspective.

But not just for the purpose of sight, but for the desire to fight.

Our faith is useless if we’re unwilling and unprepared to be moved to action. Isn’t it what we’ve read, “Faith without works is dead?” (James 2)

And so we must pray differently.
I must pray differently.

Because I’ve been ridiculed because of passion. And I’ve been scoffed at for desperately longing for others to “experience what I’ve been blessed to have experienced.” And it’s okay, we often reject that which is unfamiliar and unsatisfying to our flesh.

And I see it there in the book again, “but when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.” (Matt 9:36)

Yes. This. And for it my heart aches.
Literally.. aches.

But an aching heart won’t fix the issue.
An aching heart won’t mend what’s broken.
An aching heart just isn’t enough.

Our faith must stir us to action and spur us to movement. Faith activated is found not only in an aching heart, but in animation and vigor. It’s found in the immediate response that offers hope and a better way of living than mediocrity and lack.

Faith in action is what offers redemptive solutions to external difficulties that eventually develops soul transformation to a hurting world at risk of an eternity separated from the One who calls them beloved.

And so I must allow myself to be as He was, “MOVED with compassion.”

I must offer the world another option. A better perspective. A greater solution. And it starts with me.. and YOU... being not filled with empathy.. not consumed with sympathy.. but MOVED with compassion!

No comments:

Post a Comment