Saturday, October 12, 2019

Recognition, Reliability, and Reverence

Psalm 24:9 says this, "Open up, ancient gates! Open up, ancient doors, and let the King of glory enter in."

The Passion Translation says it this way, "So wake up, you living gateways, and rejoice! Fling wide, you ageless doors of destiny! Here He comes; the King of Glory is ready to come in."

I also LOVE Psalm 22:3 that reminds us that God is enthroned upon the praise of His people.

He is enthroned upon His people when they praise. When they offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving. When they present their worship before the Lord, He comes.

I heard it recently in a sermon given by a great man of God. The challenge was this: "If God is the one who is enthroned upon our praise, who is the one who is enthroned upon our complaining? If we enter His courts with thanksgiving and His courts (presence) with praise, then who's presence is it that we enter when we complain? What gates open when we criticize?"

That is so powerful!
And challenging.

It's what I have been hearing the Lord whisper to me for years not... there is POWER in what I allow to leave my mouth.

And I believe it's why so many of us remain stuck in a cycle of unnecessary pain and defeat... because of what we are allowing to leave our lips.

The second thing I would say is a disregard for how great He really is.

Look around - we have lost our radiant AWE of God.
Even our churches fail to promote Him as brilliantly as they should.

And so it is my personal conviction and my personal challenge every day.
It is my obligation... our obligation... to recognize Jesus in everything, rely on Jesus at all times, and revere Jesus with supreme devotion.

And once we do this, everything else lines up - even our manner of speech bows at the recognition of the One true God.

And so my job becomes: ultimate recognition, absolute reliability, and supreme reverence!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment