Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Philippians 2:5 says this, “You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”

A tall order.

The same attitude?

And if He had come as the Savior of the world only - I could be inspired, but not empowered.
But because He, too, came fully as a man, I can turn what seems impossible, to a practical duty that I have been commissioned by the Holy Spirit to accomplish.

Look at it in different translations.
“Let His mindset become your motivation.”  (TPT)
“Let His mind be in you.”  (KJV)

And one look at that word “in” changes everything.

According to the Greek word for “in”, by definition it means this = in, on, or among.

Ahh… wow.

Well this just might change everything.

It’s one thing to know we ought to have the mind of Christ - His attitude - IN us.  But also it must reside ON me and AMONG me.

It must be IN me - changing the way I think.  Altering how I see problems and how I deal with tough issues.  How I accept rejection and hurt and how I love unconditionally.

It must be ON me - changing the way I look.  His presence ought to be seen in my life.  How I behave, how I shine, how I smile - in my countenance.

And it must be AMONG me.
This one might be the most difficult to understand.
But I believe how I live with the attitude of Christ AMONG me is a direct result of Him living IN and ON me.
If I have the attitude of Jesus living in an on me, then it will naturally affect the atmosphere I live in.  It will automatically shift the condition of my environment.  All others in my presence will be drawn to HIS presence because of what’s in and on me.

Oh friends!  It’s so important that we get these truths deep within our hearts and then beg Him to do the necessary work to radically change us from the inside out.


May we live with Jesus IN us, ON us, and AMONG us!


It matters!!


No comments:

Post a Comment