Thursday, November 7, 2019

Rise Above The Noise

I was running errands this week and it was super busy in town. Last minute shoppers filled the stores, roadways were crammed, and there was this maddening undertone of craziness that loomed overhead.

Within just a couple short hours in my journey I witnessed a pattern of hostility that I am fairly certain stemmed from lonely, broken hearts, and disillusioned souls. I witnessed scores of unhappy faces that obviously carried with them fragments of heartache, and at other times, rudeness and impatience like I’ve never seen before.

And sometimes in situations like these, we are tempted to be taken down into the pit with the rest of them. Negativity often breeds negativity, and before long we can certainly find ourselves in the wrong state-of-mind, and what’s more, sometimes completely detailed from all manner of sensibility.

But that’s when we have a choice.

And I did.

I remember getting inside my car at one point, and turning the music up as loud as I could tolerate it and SINGING at the top of my lungs.

Because sometimes we have a sing until we believe.

“You are the God that saves, You are the one that recused me, You rescued me…. You are the God that saves… and You called me from the grave… You rescued me!”

It was the words to that song that helped me rise above the circumstances that were threatening to kill my spirit on a cold Tuesday morning in November.

But realizing the choice is ours is crucial.

Because there’s always going to be distractions. There’s always going to be situations that sneak in to steal our joy.

But don't let it.

Sing.

Sing until you believe!

Believe there’s a better way!

Because there is!

To avoid the nonsense…. rise above the noise!


No comments:

Post a Comment