Thursday, December 26, 2019

My Motivation is Found in The Father's Movement

My sweet little fur baby, Isabel, knows my movements well.
Every morning she sits with me in my office when I have my quiet time. 
She knows my routine. 
She is very familiar to my ways. 

Habitual by nature, I tend to same methods every day.
I wake up very early.
I get my coffee. 
I walk to the basement.
I turn on my computer.
I put in my Air Pods.
I open my bible and my journal.
And I spend time in my office sometimes for many hours before starting my day.

And all the while, my Isabel lays comfortably on her blanket and she naps.

But the moment I click closed the case of my Air Pods, she knows I am wrapping things up.  She’s become so familiar to my ways that she understands the movement that will directly follow the closing up of that case. She knows I will head back upstairs and the start to my day will begin.

And I realized something the other day.
While she is “sleeping”, she’s not really asleep.
She's simply resting.
Resting with her momma.
Resting in the knowledge that this posture is only temporary.
Resting with the understanding that when her beloved parent moves, she is to move.

She trusts me.
She knows me.
And she just longs to be where I am.

Jesus, who is our model, only did what He saw the Father doing, and He only said what He heard the Father saying (John 5:19).
He lived in such a way that the movements of His Father were so well known to Him, that it made following something that was simply automatic to Him.
He understood the nature of His Father, and was so intimately aware of His ways, that it made conforming to His character that much more effortless.
Pursuing Jesus is easier when we find out where He’s walking and insist to travel in a co-laboring manner.
“Where you go, I’ll go… where you stay, I will stay.”  (Ruth 1:6)

The question becomes, for me, “Do I know the Father intimately… His works and His ways?  Am I so familiar with His nature and His character, that the moment of movement, I, too, am compelled to move?”

My prayer has been, “God, I don’t want to be one step outside of Your will.  I don’t want to be where You are not.  So help me to know You so well, and be prepared so well, that when You move, I am not only willing, but ready to go where You’re leading.  I just want to be where you are!”

“O LORD, what great works You do! And how deep are Your thoughts.”  (Psalm 92:5)

Awaken my senses to Your ways.
Acquaint me to Your mannerisms.
Condition my feet to Your movement.

I cannot survive one day outside of Your presence.

My motivation is found in the Father’s movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment