Wednesday, March 11, 2020

May YOU Be Evident In My Life


Today, God, my prayer is that YOU would be evident in my life.  That others, when they observe my life, will be able to see YOU.  Less of me, more of YOU.

These are my daily prayers.

And I realize that it greatly depends on three things:
  • my choices
  • my character
  • my conduct
I get to make choices that point to Jesus.
Choices like loving well, speaking kindly, expressing gentleness, and exhibiting self control.
It may be choosing to forgive an offender, choosing to let go of bitterness and revenge, or choosing to turn from the engagement of simple gossip.

I get to demonstrate godly character to everyone I come in contact with.
Character that looks more like Jesus - humility in the face of cruelty, peace in the eye of the storm, and endurance in the midst of hardship.
It may mean refusing to find fault because I know a little something about undeserving grace.  It may mean showing honor despite perceived worthiness.  Or it might mean self sacrifice if it means bringing glory to His name.

And I get to determine righteous conduct even when it’s least convenient.
Conduct that conveys my commitment to the better way - the Jesus way.
Because everything I do points directly to the thing I value the most.  All actions are a direct reflection of what lies deepest in me - my heart.
And so it may mean serving well even when I am hurting the most, staying when it would make better sense to leave, or speaking His good nature into every broken situation I enter into.

I get to be His vessel today.
I get to be the deliverer of His love.

My big prayer is that God would be made evident in my life today by whatever method He chooses.

Father, prepare my heart, my hands, my feet, and my mouth, to go where You’re leading.

I trust You.

No comments:

Post a Comment