Saturday, April 18, 2020

I Must Determine To Never Return


Deut 17:16 says this, “The king must not build up a large stable of horses for himself or send his people to Egypt to buy horses, for the Lord has told you, ‘You must never return to Egypt.’”

Egypt, as many of us know, was a place of slavery for the people of Israel.
And they had been rescued from that environment
They had been radically saved by the evil that resided there and were well on their way to the “promised land.”
And they had been given a strict order when they left, to never return there again.
That was in their past.
What had been done, had been done… and redemption now belonged to the people of God.

And it got me thinking.


TODAY is a new day!
TODAY is the start to a new chapter.

And in this pandemic scare, we are being restored as a nation.. AND as people of God individually. And while it is true that we have never been this way before, it is also true that we are never to return to where we were before.

The past is the past.

TODAY is a day for repentance and heart change.

We all have our own Egypt that the Lord is rescued us from.
I don’t know what yours is, but I know what mine is.

And I know that in this new season that God is taking me (us) into, I can not rehearse all habits… old ways… I must learn from the past and step boldly into what God is calling me into.

Isaiah 43:19 says this, “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”

But that means I am going to have to let go of some things that CAN NOT enter this new season with me.

And so I ask myself the question - and maybe you will want to too?
“What is it that I must determine NOT to return to?"
He’s bringing us into a new season!
He is giving us a chance to change!
He is affording us this opportunity to return to Him.

“My heart has heard You say, ‘Come and talk with Me’, and my heart responds, ‘Lord, I am coming!’” (Ps 27:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment