Monday, May 4, 2020

All For Your King Jesus


From the archives... (2016)

All for You King Jesus.

All of it.

It’s what I’ve prayed. And yet it’s a little scary.

All for You King Jesus.

And I said it years ago in an event I spoke at. I said it like this, “Don’t ever let anything leave your lips unless it can be followed up with these words, ‘and that’s just the way I want it!’”

And it seems silly.

But it matters.

“I’m so stupid!” “...and that’s just the way I want it!”
“This is an awful situation!” “... and that’s just the way I want it!”
“He’ll never change!” “... and that’s just the way I want it!”
“My co-workers are just so difficult to work with!” “... and that’s just the way I want it!”

Ahh... because what we allow to flow from our mouths... roll off the tongue... flippantly, irresponsibly, carelessly... it all matters. And often times we unconsciously choose the grave.

And I heard it in my spirit this morning.

Because I’d prayed it: “All for You King Jesus!” And He whispered back, “All of it? So you understand the implication?”

I say “all of it” and I wonder if it too can be backed up by the words I choose?

“This is such a mess!”
“I’m never going to get it!”
“I’m so discouraged and stressed out!”
“I’m so broken!”
“I don’t see a way out!”
“They will never understand!”

Oh... but it’s ALL for You King Jesus!

Can I say it? Do we dare say it?

When we’re being defensive on social media, we’re not choosing to see circumstance through the blood. We’re choosing death. When we’re blatantly complaining about poor situations that frustrate us, we’re choosing to stay chained to discouragement.

But being conscious of our words and speaking through the filter, “All for You King Jesus” just might change everything.

Yes I’m broken... but I’m giving You all the pieces! Yes this doesn’t look like what I expected, but I’m surrendering all control. Yes this is hard, but You’ve called me to die like You so that I can be resurrected like You!

All for You King Jesus.

All of it!

Every. Single. Bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment