Saturday, July 4, 2020

Go With The Strength You Have


I know you’re weary.
I know you’re tired.
I know they’ve hurt you.
I know it’s painful.
I know the road looks difficult.
I know the assignment seems impossible.

I know.
I get it.
It is the same for me.

But when we read the words of scripture, we find hope.

And I saw it there in print.
And the words wouldn’t stop playing over in my head.

It was the call of Gideon.
A task too difficult to image.
In the midst of challenging circumstances.
And in a desperate imprisonment of sorts.
Bleak and trying times.

The Lord would send an angel to do his bidding for him first.
“Mighty hero, the Lord is with you.” He’d say.  (Judges 6:12)

But Gideon had questions before he would readily surrender.
He would pose doubt before dependence.

And so in the next visit, God Himself appeared.
And turning to Him God said, “Go with the strength you have… I am sending you.”  (Judges 6:15)

Ahh… go with the strength you have.
He didn’t have much.
Hardly any.

But the call was clear.
“Hey mighty hero… go with the strength you have.”
In other words, “You might not have much strength within you now, but use what you’ve got and I will supply you by and by with what you need.”
Your central obligation is obedience.
He has entrusted you with His power.
You were, after all, created in His image.
And you have more within you than you realize.

Go with the strength you have.
It may be a mustard seed today, but a towering topiary tomorrow!

Go.
March on dear soldier.
With.
“on the side of; in connection; noting confidence; among; upon.”
The strength.
What little you do have… what God has placed within you for growth and multiplication.

Be brave.  Take the step into your calling.  Do big things with little strength and then watch Him do in and through you what only He can do!

Go, mighty hero, with the strength you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment