Saturday, March 6, 2021

What Will Be My Yes To Him Today?

 


Second Corinthians 3:16 says this, “But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.”

It's an interesting verse.
Because we might be tempted think that it’s backwards.
That the veil would be taken away and then the person turns to behold the Father.

But it says the turning happens first.. and THEN the veil is removed.

In His lovingkindness… in His goodness.. In His mercy… the veil isn't lifted until the person turns their heart's affection toward the Lord.

I can speak from experience in this.

In the early days of my “serious” walk with the Lord.. about 11 years ago.. I was in a very dry season of my life.  And I desperately wanted to know God more, but I realized that I had not taken the steps to turn from my worldly ways and follow Him with my whole heart.

I had not yet surrendered my “yes” to Him.

And so for a long time, the veil remained to be what separated God and myself.

It was when I turned to Him completely and wholeheartedly that things became more clear.

Slowly the veil was removed… but it took my full repentance… a complete shift in my focus… in order for that to happen.

The clarity of sight is indeed the reward for turning!

It was me saying “yes” before I even understood the question He was asking.

When God asked Abraham to sacrifice His Son Isaac, Abraham didn’t understand.  But he said “yes” before clarity of sight was gifted him.

And every day is our opportunity to say “yes” to whatever He asks.  Even before He speaks.

Every day is a chance to turn to Him… and receive vision by the removal of the veil that hinders and separates.

What will be my “yes” to Him today?
What will be yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment