Sunday, October 5, 2014

Running To Meet Him

It had been a long night.  And I wasn't feeling well.  And I had all the reasons in the world to sleep in.  I could have.  Maybe I should have.  But I would have missed it!  

And on a crisp autumn Sunday in October I desperately need to see Him.

So I wake in the early morning hours to be with Him.  Because something in me longs to be close to Him.  To be cradled in His arms and wooed gently.  Something in me deeply yearns to sit beside her daddy and know that I am safe.

And so when He calls I leap from my bed.  And while the rest of the world sleeps I go to Him.  And I beg Him to open my weary eyes so that I can see.

And there's something quite magical about the hour just before the sun comes up.  When the world is still and quiet.  There is an unexplainable peace that overtakes a soul as the eyes prepare to behold something as majestic as a sunrise.
"Arise, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light."  {Eph 5:14} 






And I watch the birds as they dance to the beauty of this place.  The birds - they understand the secret to this maddening world.  They hold the key to peace and contentment.  Because every day they awaken to this... glory!  And there's no worry and stress in them.  Because they arise to this idea that this moment... right now... has been created just for them.  And I see them, as if for the very first time... soaking it all in.  Soaring high above the clouds.
"Look at the birds.  They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them."  {Matt 6:26}
No worries of what is to come.  Even with winter approaching and an uncertain future... they hold in them the secret to fullest life.

And I want to live like that.  Full of life.  
I want to awaken daily to this beauty and inhale His Grace.

God, in all His goodness, created this sunrise for me today, yes, but He created this moment for me.  This one present promised moment.  This one single, amazing moment I'm sitting in right now.  And I could have missed it.  Again.

Because I am not promised tomorrow.

I have been given this one life - and in order to exhale His glory I must first inhale His beauty.

And so I ask for God to Awaken My Soul!

And He does.


Oh how He loves!



And as I turn to go I thank Him.  A thousand times I thank Him! 
For another day.  Another gift.  Abundant Grace.

Father God, forgive me for the times I have missed this... the wonder of one single moment.  The beauty of a simple sunrise... created just for me.  Keep my eyes fully alert to Your glory!  



 Finding JOY in the JOurneY,


No comments:

Post a Comment