Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Rushing May Lead to Regret

It was a cold morning and the commute was partially obscured due to heavy snowfall, and delayed by the icy road conditions.

It was hard to see in front of me and yet there we were…all of us… on the road… determined to get to our destinations on time.

That’s when I saw it.  The salt truck.  He, too, on a mission.  To provide for the safety needs of those insistent upon travel.

And I wondered how long he had been out.  How many miles had he already traveled that morning… there, intentionally positioned on the shoulder of the road?  Providing for all of us weary travelers… a gift.  Salt.  For our safety.  For our benefit.  Braving the wild weather for our defense against the elements.

And yet it was interesting to watch the number of cars that passed that man… our temporary savior, there in his work truck.  Because from my perspective, safety was only granted to those who remained behind the truck.  For those who assumed a subordinate position and maintained a submissive post.  Because there’s just something inconsistent to requiring aid, and yet refusing assistance.

And I wonder if that’s sometimes how it looks to the true Grace-giver?

Because He provides all that we could possibly need in the moment.  He gives grace for this day.  He administers rescue for this hour.

And yet how many times have I too prematurely ran too far out ahead of God?

How often have I failed to trust His timing?
How often has my anxiousness robbed me of Divine assurance?
How many times has my assertiveness removed me from His intended assignment?

Oh we can’t rush Him, friends.
Because danger awaits for those who travel too quickly on unpredictable paths.

And I can’t afford to waste one moment outside of His protective seal.

Rushing may lead to regret.



No comments:

Post a Comment