Thursday, January 18, 2018

May The Battle Make Us Better

Psst… you.  Yeah, you.

I know it’s hard.

And you’re just not sure you have it in you to push through one more day.

I’ve been there.

And the truth really is that we are ALL battling something.

For some of us it’s illness that just won’t let go.
For others it’s a doctor’s report that has you scared out of your mind.
For some it’s a marriage that’s barely hanging on by a thread.
For some it’s a wayward child or a job loss or the consequences of bad past decisions or a loss of a friendship or an overwhelming pile of debt.

And I know you feel alone… defeated… regretful… heartbroken… anxious.

But I wonder if we can begin to see the battle in a different way?  Together.

Because I know that where I am now is certainly not where I want to be… but narrowing that gap is up to me.

My disposition doesn’t have to be a reflection of my situation.

Because could it be that every arrow the enemy has designed to harm me with, could actually be for the sharpening of my spirit?

Because if the Lord is the strength of my life, and I insist on surrendering to pressure and all that is hard, aren’t I publicly advertising His unreliability?

Oh, friend, and I’m preaching to self.

Over and over again to self first.

But I wonder if this year we see the battle differently?

Because could it be that this thing… this battle… has been divinely purposed for my refinement?

After all… isn’t it He who is making all things work out for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose?

Ahh, yes.  I forgot!

And sometimes we do!

And maybe you need reminding today.

Let this battle serve as a reminder that He who began a good work in you will see it out to completion!  He has not left you.  He will not forsake you.  He will not leave you in your mess.

Look up today!

And be reminded that the battle is formed for the bettering of souls.

Enter this day with the spirit of a warrior that says, “I’ve got this!  No weapon formed against me will prosper!  The battle we’re facing is nothing compared to the promise of blessing that lies ahead!”



No comments:

Post a Comment