Thursday, February 8, 2018

Pack Light

It wasn’t until I got out to my car the other day that I realized I still had my reading glasses on my face.  And the eye doctor had warned me about that… making sure I took them off before getting up from reading… as it would only work against me, weakening my eyesight.

But sometimes I forget they’re even still on.

And I remember thinking to myself, “I will not be needing these for where I am going.”

And it got me thinking.

How many things are we carrying around with us that we no longer need?  And I’m not talking about glasses.

How many times do we unnecessarily pack things we should simply let go of?  What do we need to put away because we don’t need it for where we are going?

Like fear of failure.  You tried it, it didn’t work, and so you’re so afraid of failing that you’re unwilling to try it again.
Like unforgiveness.  They hurt you and holding a grudge seems more logical than consciously deciding to end the cycle of revenge and move past the hurt.
Like regret.  You made so many mistakes that giving up sounds better than getting up and starting over.
Like anger and bitterness.  You’ve been carrying this one for a long time… since childhood.  Because your dad was that way, so you’ve surrendered to the idea that his poor choices define your personal character and so now you are just “who you are” and refuse change of any kind.

What do you ned to let go… simply because it’s too heavy to carry?

You don’t need these things for where you’re going.  And I promise that the journey will be more enjoyable and more rewarding if you decide, instead, to pack light for your trip.

God has SO much more for you.  But in order to go where He’s leading, some of these things you’ve been clinging so tightly too must get left behind.

Pack light, dear one.  Make way for the work He wants to do in and through you this year!  If it’s not from Him…. you will not need it for your voyage.


No comments:

Post a Comment