Friday, June 22, 2018

Through

Isaiah 43:19 says this, “For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wastelands.”

I love so many things about this passage. “Do you not see it?” This is huge. I love this because it speaks to our intimacy with the Father. “Don’t you see it?” We can only know His goodness by experience with it... an encounter with the Creator of it... by a personal daily pursuit of it. It’s known to those who actively look for it! Which means we must seek the good even in the dry places. Even in the hard seasons of doubt and defeat.

He’s providing direction and provision in the wilderness where there is commonly no path. I love the promise that God is providing safety and security with certainty to our appointed destination. He’s even preparing a way through trials we’re unaware of yet! Glory!

It’s preparation and guidance. He’s preparing us and guiding us the whole way through.

Oh wait... through? Not out? He doesn’t say out. He says, “I will make a pathway through...”.

Through = from end to end, over the whole surface or extent, from beginning to end, to the ultimate purpose, to complete, to accomplish, to undergo, to sustain.

Yes. Through! God invites us to go through so that our dependency is deepened, and so that our trust in His goodness and provision alone is strengthened.

There’s only one way to preparation for the new things God wants to do and that’s THROUGH the wilderness.


No comments:

Post a Comment