Friday, June 22, 2018

As We Remember Let Us Dare To Hope


If I’m being honest, sometimes I experience feelings as the writer of Lamentations expresses in chapter 3. “He has led me into darkness.” “He has made me chew on gravel.” “All hope is lost.” But a closer examination of verse 21 brings clarity on a weekend following hard news. “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember...”

Yet = nevertheless, over and above, the state of remaining the same.
Dare = to have courage for any purpose, to have strength of mind, to undertake anything, not to be afraid, a challenge.
Hope = a desire of some good, accompanied with at least a slight expectation of a obtaining it or a belief that it is attainable, confidence in future events, an opinion or belief not amounting to certainty, but grounded on substantial evidence.

immediately following the prophets recall of distress and pain, he demonstrates his rise above it! This is glorious faith and trust!

We are to be rich in remembrance! Charles Spurgeon says, “You have lost much, Christian, but you have not lost your portion. Your God is your all. Therefore, if you have lost all but God, still you have your all left, since God is all.”

And so I can remember His great faithfulness. I can remember His mercy. I can recall His provision - even now in the midst of great uncertainty. And it is the remembering that allows me to have great hope!

May I be brave to say today, “I see nothing in the circumstances of my condition to comfort me, but I see something in God‘s nature, and in the goodness of His provision in the valley gives me hope for better things than destruction!”

YET I still DARE to HOPE!!

Amen???


No comments:

Post a Comment