Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Even If... I Will Praise!

Was up in the fringe hours this morning thinking about you. Yeah. You.

Admittedly the pain woke me from my slumber. That and a head full of thoughts racing at warp speed through this weary head of mine.

And I know there’s others out there dealing with a heavy weight. An unimaginable burden.

We never walk alone in our hurt.

But every day we get the choice. To sink beneath the waves of fear and guilt and doubt and worry. To look into the ocean size suffering and abandon the fight, agreeing with a white flag of surrender.

Or.

Or we can deliberately decide that this pain won’t define me. We can intentionally sing our way out of the darkness until daylight shines through!

We can sing until the miracle comes.
We can prepare our hearts for the blessing God longs to pour out upon our grief-stricken, tormented souls.

Because our greatest defense against hardship and affliction and distress is praise.
Praise because He is good.
He’s so much better than we ever deserve Him to be.
And it’s a public resolution that even if He never does another thing for me, He has already done enough.

I felt it there in the hospital bed just following surgical recovery. The pain that was so intense I thought it might break my physical body in half. Surely the worst discomfort of my entire life.
And I could feel the fear rising to the surface once they explained to me that I’d have to wait a get clearance from the hospital for a drug that had been declared a national shortage. The only medication that was my hope for the hurt.

And in that moment... there in the midst of tears of anguish... I made the decision.
The decision to praise.

And it wasn’t until the words left my lips, “Thank you Jesus! Praise you Father!” that the pain lessened and I was able to breathe.

Because praise from our lips brings healing to our soul. Praise doesn’t erase the problem but it makes the experience less painful. Because there’s something about loosening control. Something about praise that promotes peace and releases a redemptive power upon our lives.

And so today, again, I choose to praise.
In advance.
Before the miracle is seen with the eye, I will sing loudly of His goodness with the lips.

Because He is good.
No matter what.

He radically loves you friend!
He’s fighting battles you know nothing about.
And He’s already prepared a way out of wilderness for you.

Will you sing with me today??

No comments:

Post a Comment