Wednesday, August 29, 2018

What Will I Conquer Today?

I have a sticky note that resides on my office bulletin board where I wrote this one single line... "What will I conquer today?"

When Jesus was leaving to be the Father, He prepared His disciples for what was to come. Over and over again He adequately conveyed His mission, conditioning His students for life after His death and subsequent ascension with God.

We are told in scripture that when Jesus was getting ready for the leave, He tells His precious disciples this:

"You will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)

Power.

We are told that with the gift of the Holy Spirit comes power. And that means that we have within us a resource that God expects us to utilize to CONQUER something.

And so I tell myself... on repeat in this difficult season... "I have RESURRECTION POWER living on the inside of me for the soul purpose of CONQUERING something." And when I conquer something it means there's a battle I must overcome.

Upon leaving this earth Jesus gave us Himself in the form of a Spirit. The Holy Spirit. And He... friends... expects me to conquer something.

Maybe it's why I kept reciting those words that day following my surgery. "I can do hard things."

Because inwardly I KNOW that I am built for conquering that which seems otherwise IMPOSSIBLE.

Admittedly, yesterday, was a hard day.

But then I remember... I can do hard things.

Why?

Because I have RESURRECTION POWER living on the inside of me.

I was born to conquer something.

And this... this is simply a hiccup in the journey. A bump in the road toward heaven.

And so my prayer continues to be that THIS would bring honor and glory to His name.

Because if it doesn't do that... it will be a waste completely.

All I desire is for this to be a means of glorifying the Lord and drawing others to Him.

It is truly my deepest desire.

He is ultimately better than I ever deserve Him to be. What on earth do I have to complain about... He is so so so good.

And I encourage you today... what is the mountain you are facing that seems too big to climb???

May I remind you - YOU, friend, have RESURRECTION POWER living on the inside of you! YOU have been asked to conquer something too - of great significance - because HIS power has been transferred to YOU!!

Can we be brave enough to ask each other regularly... WHAT ARE YOU CONQUERING today?

I promise you (as I promise myself) it will ALL be worth it in the end... if God gets the ultimate glory - it will ALL be worth it in the end!!!

❤️❤️❤️





No comments:

Post a Comment