Monday, August 27, 2018

Concern and Desire!

Some mornings it’s speaking it out loud until you begin to believe it. Psalm 138:8, “The Lord will work out His plan for my life - for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for You made me.”

And l say it out loud in my quiet time, “The Lord will work out His plans for my life. His faithful love ensdures forever. You made me, therefore You will not abandon me.”

And I think long about it this Friday morning. Will God honor my desire? Will He applaud my concern for deeper trust and increased faith even as I sometimes sit in a waiting room riddled with doubt and fear and anxiousness?

Because so often we have this false idea that God esteems only that which is perfected. That He somehow only accepts the sacrifices made by unwavering Christians who have mastered the skill of unshakable assurance. But I wonder if He looks closer at the heart that’s torn but trying. I consider a Father who delights in concern as well as confidence.

Because there’s something about a life longing for more of Jesus that I believe is a sweet fragrance to the Savior. I think He’s scouring the world over looking simply for the souls who desire, who have an appetite for that which only He can satisfy. I believe He’s searching for those who’s faith might still be fragile but who’s hunger and thirst for more outweighs the danger of doubting.

Can we honestly say in the sight of a Holy God, “I am looking to heaven and long for more than this world offers. I may not have assurance, but I have concern. I may wrestle with great knowledge of the One who created me, but I can say with confidence I have a desire that I may be found in Him at last!”

Don’t allow condemnation to invade your life. Every step toward the Father is a step of faith He honors. And the great thing is He meets us right where we’re at! He will not abandon you! He will finish the great work He began in you!

No comments:

Post a Comment