Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Glorifying God Is The Most Important

In the fifth chapter of the book bearing his name, Daniel is interpreting a message in a plastered wall of King Belshazzar’s palace. He ultimately tells him that the words are Meme, Tekel, and Parsin, meaning that because of the King’s self-exhaltion and because He dishonored God, failing to learn from the mistakes of King Nebuchadnezzar, his empire would be taken from him and he would be replaced as leader of the nation. 

In verse 23b it says this, “But you have not honored the God who gives you breath of life and controls your destiny!”

And his breaks my heart.
AND it reminds me that God is a jealous God. A God who will not share glory with another. A God who requires singleness of devotion.

And I said it to Him again last week. My life will be all about bringing You honor and praise above everything else! Because You are more than well-deserved. You are the giver of my very breath! You are the One who knows my innermost being and sets the trajectory of my steps.

Nothing is more important to me than glorifying God!




No comments:

Post a Comment