Monday, December 3, 2018

Seek Him!

Psalm 9:10 is truth I’m holding tightly to. “Those who know Your name trust in You, for You, O Lord do not abandon those who search for You.” Such glorious truth this Monday morning! He will not abandon those who know Him; those who seek Him.

Here the word seek means to frequent. And so I can say it this way: “He doesn’t abandon those who frequent Him.” And I wonder... do you know Him? Because we are known by our frequent adherence to Him. By our steadfast dependency of Him. And by our faithful focus on His face. Second Corinthians 3:18 tells us that we are made more in His glorious likeness when the “veil is removed”. Ahh yes, transformation comes only from beholding. By contemplating Christ, we reflect His image!

The more He is known by us, the more He will be loved by us and trusted by His weary wanderers. And this knowing isn’t to be as a spectator, but as an experimenter. We know Him only by experience. I can obtain testimony and be inspired, but I am forever radically changed by my personal encounter with Jesus and by authentic acquaintance with His character.

The more I know of His attributes, the more I can trust His acts and the easier it will be for me to deflect the arrow of the enemy that’s aim is to keep me despondent, depressed, and full of despair.

And so I ask you: Do you know Him? Are you seeking Him? Is your time with Him priority? Friend... it’s the safest and surest way out of suffering. In our affliction, it is the truest behavior for those who know the mercy of God and who have tasted for themselves the love and acceptance of the Savior to say, “I have passed through it and it was only God who made a way out! Blessed be the name of the Lord!” He’s crazy, madly, deeply in love with you. Every part of you! Even the part you try to hide! Especially that part! And He would not have done so much for you already if He meant to leave you there!

Seek Him. Know Him. Ruin is absolutely impossible for those who cry to Him!

And if you don’t know Him.. I’d be happy to help introduce you to Him! It’s never... ever... ever too late!




No comments:

Post a Comment