Friday, January 11, 2019

Remember, Recall, Repeat


I could write a book on the faithfulness of God. I could sit with you over coffee and share with you about the ways we’ve seen God work on our behalf in the midst of one of the most challenging seasons of our lives.

He really is a good good Father who’s not only able to deliver, but WILLING to rescue.

And David knew all too well about this God of redemption.

And even in his trouble he choose to remember the goodness of the Lord.

Psalm 18:1-3 says this, “I love you, Lord. You are my strength. The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Savior. My God is my rock in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and He saved me from my enemies.”

God had promised deliverance. And David insisted to plead with Him on the grounds of that promise. He found himself in a great conflict, but the conflict led him to prayer.

My commentary says, “When prayers that are presented on the basis of God‘s promises are answered, gratitude may well burst forth in holy song. What joy to a believer to read in the trials and reliefs of life, a perpetual revelation of the loving-kindness of God!”

Oh friends... that we would never forgot the good God we serve! That we would never forget His past kindness. May it ever reveal to us, and especially others, that Divine rescue is always available to us. May the recall of His past favor comfort us in our current suffering.

He’s never stopped working tirelessly for you and for me. And He won’t stop now.

Let us remember, recall, and repeat. Remember His faithfulness, recall His goodness, and repeat our story of His great benevolence to all who have ears to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment