Friday, January 11, 2019

His Yes... Our Amen!

There’s just something about a new year. A clean slate. A fresh start. A new beginning.

And yet I wonder... am I dreaming big enough? Are the dreams and goals I’m setting for myself God-sized? Am I overwhelmed and challenged by the assignment God has given me? To love the unloveable? To bring heaven to earth? To invade darkness.

And I wonder if what I am dreaming about and praying for resides in the realm of impossibility.
Because scripture tells us that all of His promises are yes and amen. And that we are invited to co-labor with God over the impossibilities of this life.

And that the Father is revealed in us when the prayers of His people are believed for and answered.
1 Cor 1:19-20, “He has always been and will always be for us a resounding ‘YES!’ For all of God’s promises find their ‘yes’ of fulfillment in Him. And as His ‘yes’ and our ‘amen’ ascend to God, we bring Him glory.”

He doesn’t need us, but He uses us to accomplish His purposes this side of eternity. We owe Him nothing less than a lifetime of prayers that when answered by a faithful Father demonstrates how powerful and how radically willing He is to come to our rescue!

He is good.

And I will trust Him this year for the impossible.
I will believe for the miracle. Hope is not enough.

What’s impossible? Now let’s ask Him for THAT. That is where faith is built, trust is increased, and where His glory shines the greatest!

No comments:

Post a Comment