Friday, January 11, 2019

Show Me The Right Path

I’m asking it in 2019. The brave question once asked by David. “Will you show me the right path, O Lord? Will you point me on the road for me to travel!”

Oh how I’m in need of the Divine Teacher!

And it’s one thing to have the knowledge of God... and to be aware of His ways... but an entirely different thing to follow.

And so I’m asking this new year:
Lord, give me Your knowledge.
Lord, give me a willingness to follow Your ways.
Lord, give me the desire to obey once I know Your ways.

I’m asking of His ways this year:
Lord may I clearly understand them, cravingly approve them, and constantly walk in them.

Because it’s not enough to know. I must, too, do.

I must become humble and trustful. I must die to self. I must be willing to be led and taught. I must recognize my depravity if He doesn’t come to my aid.

Lord... let me live by the experience of Your faithfulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment