Tuesday, January 15, 2019

From Strength To Strength

My word for 2019 is Watch.

Because I believe I am to be living in a season of great expectancy as I wait on the Lord. And I’m purposefully choosing to see with great anticipation for all God is doing!

Psalm 84:7 says, “They will continue to grow stronger and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem.” I love the Passion that translates it to, “They grow stronger and stronger with every step forward.”

With every step forward.

Movement. Activation. Motion. Deployment. Advancement. Progress.

We grow stronger and stronger by our determination to keep going.

Because the Israelites knew well the struggle of suffering and waiting and prolonged perceived favor.
But it was in their “going” that their strength was generously increased.

And so it is with me.. us.. with every step forward, with every persistence of will, we are made stronger. Our faith strengthened, our joy duplicated, our purpose manifested.

My strength for pressing onward is found in the prior victories for which His abiding faithfulness and absolute deliverance has been made most evident.

I can look back and say with ultimate confidence, “He brought me through this far, I believe He will do it again!”

Though our spiritual progress and our victorious advancements be slow, and though the work itself is difficult at times, there is a certainty for those who rise again. Those who keep Jesus in full view.

It may at times seem reasonable that the weariness of waiting and the suffering sustained would cause indifference at best, those who have Jesus at the core of their being know that the secret to triumph is the soul mastering their circumstances. Every difficulty overcome means a higher strength to overcome difficulties.

This is the going from strength to strength!

We must gain ground in this victory business. We must keep going. Keep fighting. Keep wielding the sword. Keep running embraced with the knowledge that we are victorious no matter what.

We’re growing stronger and stronger with every step forward. We just have to keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment