Thursday, February 7, 2019

Remember, Recall, Repeat

I have come to recognize it when it comes. And the enemy works double time to ensure that the feelings of inadequacy and defeat remain. The sting of success always proves to be more painful somehow than the strain of failure. Because it’s in the triumphant that the enemy is most irritated and provoked to torment a heart set like stone and typically bent toward being unshaken and immovable.

And it’s in the times just following a victory... a win... a celebration... a personal accomplishment... that we often feel the loneliest... the most incompetent... and lacking strength in spirit.

And these are the times it’s most important to fight the hardest. It’s at these times I must remember, recall, and repeat. I must remain steadfast like David who knew what it meant to learn preparation in the waiting.. who knew what it was like to remember victory in the midst of defeat. I must recite it to my soul too, “He trains my hands for battle; He strengthens my arm to draw a bronze bow.” (Ps 18:34). Because God promised deliverance, and David pleaded with Him on the grounds of that promise. He intentionally chose to remember the goodness and the faithfulness of the Lord in past circumstances.

And so I take seriously the encouragement to self. It’s not waiting for the feeling of refreshment to settle, it’s intentionally transforming the mind to remember, recall, and repeat the faithfulness of God. It’s remembering past rescue that open our hearts to present redemption.

So today I will press on. I will keep going, keep fighting, keep wielding the sword while I anticipate victory.

You too?

Let’s remember, recall, repeat, and be ready!


No comments:

Post a Comment