Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Resurrection Power

And I woke to it again this morning.  The sticky note that I had placed on my laptop the day after Easter.  The word resurrect and it’s definition, “to raise from the dead; bring to life again; to bring back into use/practice; to revive; renew.”

And I wonder how easily we forget the words of Jesus.  The ones spoken in Acts 1:8, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you…”

Holy Spirit power. 

And we read it again in Romans 8:11, “And since God’s spirit of Resurrection lives in you, He will also raise your dying body to life by the same Spirit that breathes life into you!”  (TPT)

And so I can see it this morning and realize at the core, that the same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead is the same resurrection power that resides inside of me.

And all of a sudden everything changes.

Because I had spoken the words at group on Tuesday night.  We need to become people who speak contradictory to problems.  Ones who triumphantly speak opposite of circumstance. 

Because words matter.  And the Father is looking for a company of believers who willingly enter into agreement with what He has said and what He is saying.

And we are only intimidated by the size of a problem when we take our eyes off Jesus.  We only feel fear and intimidation when we remain more impressed by the storm than His sovereignty.  Because what I know to be true is that anxiety and worry and stress are not of God, and they are incompatible with peace - which Christ died for us to have.

Despair only rises in the absence of the awareness of God’s goodness.  And I cannot afford to think on things… feast on things… He’s not said or is not saying.

And so today I make a declaration… I will be one who speaks life into dry bones.  I will speak contradictory to complications.  Because He… the One who came to give life and offer hope… provided redemptive solutions to seemingly impossible circumstances.

And so I have a choice to make.  Stay stuck in a cycle of unnecessary heaviness and overwhelming burden, or claim victory in advance. 

I repeat the words I have reviewed again and again in Joel 3:10, “Let the weak say I am strong.”

Speaking contrary to crisis, means executing the resurrection power that lives inside of me.  It’s choosing wisely to bring to life again, revive, and renew.
“I am peaceful!”
“I am filled with joy!”
“The Lord is answering prayer!”
“I am strong!”
“This is working our well!”


I say it with bold new faith on a Wednesday morning.
Because speaking life to my troubles prophesies to the trouble-maker that he’s doomed and doubt, fear, worry, stress, and anxiety have no place in this vessel.


No comments:

Post a Comment