Sunday, July 28, 2019

Anchor My Affections

Sometimes staying concentrated on prayer is difficult.

Let's face it, we're busy people.
As unfortunate as it is, and how much as I hate to use that word - especially to excuse passiveness and idleness in response to God - it has become more truth than not.

I was in church one day several weeks ago and I found my mind wandering during worship. Sadly my thoughts weren't rightly focused on Jesus. I was thinking about what our plans were for the day, the long to-do list that awaited me at home, even what we were having for lunch.

My mind wasn't rightly fixated on Him.
I was mindlessly unconcerned about centering my concentration on the only One who has ever been worthy of my praise and adoration.
I had somehow forgotten that I was in the Presence of perfection... and I was missing out on the power that comes from standing awestruck by His holiness.

And so I took a few moments to pray this simple prayer - "God, anchor my affections towards You."

Sometimes it's a matter of refocus.
Sometimes we must consciously realign our affections towards Him.
Sometimes we must deliberately choose to cling to Him and fasten ourselves to the reality of His realm and the substance of His omnipresence.

He is so worthy of everything we are and everything we have!

Let's begin praying - Anchor my affections toward You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment