Monday, August 26, 2019

Come. Take. Learn.

I love Matthew 11 verses 28-30.

It's Jesus speaking and He says this, "Come to Me all who are weary and carry heavy burdens and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you. Let Me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." (NLT)

The Message version says this, "Come to Me. Get away with Me. Walk with Me and work with Me. Watch how I do it. Learn the unformed rhythms of grace." WOW!

And the Passion Translation says it like this, "Join your life with Mine. Learn My ways. You will discover that I'm gentle, humble, and easy to please."

Just wow.

God longs to bless us and use us effectively for service in His Kingdom, but what He desires more than anything else is that we would become more like His Son Jesus.

And we do this when we come to Him... take His yoke... and learn His ways.

As the smaller oxen, we have the great privilege of being yoked to the larger one, Jesus. He has harnessed Himself to us that our load might be made lighter by His weight bearing capacity.

Our burdens are made lighter when we consistently come to Him for strength... when we learn to take our yoke upon us as the provision we need to successfully triumph this side of eternity... and when we learn His ways of gentleness and humility.

And so I whisper it today... Jesus help bind my weary heart to yours. I know it is there, and only there, where true victory is obtained!

No comments:

Post a Comment