Monday, August 26, 2019

Winning Through Warfare

I know I will not win a popularity contest when I say this, but I believe in it's truth very much.

While God is in NO WAY the author of evil, and He never causes hardship to enter into our lives... He does allow a measure of it.

And many of us have felt the pressure of His permission more times than we would care to admit.

Looking back over my life I have been SO BLESSED to have grown in my faith. My trust has been strengthened and my dependence on Jesus has been increased over the years. I have been able to review my spiritual progress and although at times it has been slower than others, I have been a witness to God's grace time and time and time again!

But when I take an honest look back I can truthfully say that even though I have been a recipient of increase through a process of consistent nourishment, nothing compares to the battles I have won through warfare.

The wars I have had to wage over the course of my Christian life have taught me more about the character of Christ than receiving blessing straight from His hand.
They have taught me about His goodness, they've reminded me of His faithfulness, and they have made me more aware of His constant, abiding presence.

Oh how I believe the Kingdom is advanced this side of eternity by warfare just as much as by intentional growth.

There's something sweeter about success when I have had to fight for it. Something divine when I have had to sit at the feet of Jesus' extra long to contend for a matter.

Scripture tells us that, "...we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." (Rom 8:37)
And some of our greatest triumphs will be the direct result of trials that have been designed for our spiritual benefit.

I gain through growth. Yet I also win through warfare.

Let's enter in bravely.
He will bring us through what He's brought us to.


No comments:

Post a Comment