Monday, August 26, 2019

I Shall Watch Him Work

I have learned so much over the years from people God has strategically placed in my life.

I read it in a text she had sent me last month as I was going through a pretty intense battle in my physical body.

It's like she knew exactly what I needed to hear.
And she might not have... but God did.

And it meant so much more coming from the one who knew a bit about suffering. She, who had endured torment in her physical body for over a year with a horrible cancer diagnosis, was now bringing life and encouragement to me.

She said the words my heart needed.
We were talking about getting together for dinner and she said it, "We will WATCH Him work!"

Oh there's no way she could've known that is my word for the year.

Watch.

Because after almost a full year of "waiting", God had so graciously and so kindly given me my word for 2019... "Watch."

And I have been watching Him work all year long!
In more ways than I can ever describe to you!

But what was most powerful was her enormous faith.

We will "watch Him work."

There was expectation in that one line text.
Such faith.
Such trust in the One who holds everything in the palm of His hand.

And I wonder how many frustrations would melt away if we offered up this kind of confidence and reassurance every day of our lives?
I wonder how many giants of fear and anxiety would be destroyed by this kind of certainty in His power and surety in His willingness?

Oh we could all use a fresh dose of faith, couldn't we?

How about we begin today by saying, "I shall WATCH Him Work!"

I am already looking so forward to seeing His heart and Hand!


No comments:

Post a Comment