Monday, October 14, 2019

The Necessary Trimming

I saw them there sitting on the kitchen counter. The beautiful flowers. A gift from a dear friend who just happened to know they are my favorite. And I love flowers. But they often fade away too soon. Ans yet not without warning.

I saw these doing it too. Soon after the gift was given... after hope of an abundant life was expected... they, too, began to wilt.

And so quickly I tended to them. Trimming them back, repositioning them into a more suitable environment, and adding fresh water. And by doing so I noticed something: Hope! New life! A rebirth of sorts.

And I wondered, staring at these beauties, if that too must be the way of the Father. The ultimate Gardener. The One who purposes greatness for His children, and sees need for pruning often.

Because without the cutting back... without the repositioning, without the proper nourishment from the fresh well, I will, too, soon wilt and eventually die.

And the good good Father knows this well. And when I step from my stubbornness and allow Him access, He prunes and trims. He cuts away the areas in me that He knows will eventually bring more pain and suffering.

He sees the weary heart of mine and while He mercifully meets me in my mess, He’s faithful in refusing to leave me there.

And so I let Him cut today.. knowing that what He intends of the garden of my life is fullness and abundance that will yield an overwhelmingly incredible harvest!

He knows. And so I let Him do the work necessary. The goal must always be to look more like The Son.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment