Friday, January 10, 2020

What do You See, Jesus?



I see it all the time.  We have conditioned ourselves to think from a worldly perspective.  To see things through the lens of hardship and poverty, as opposed to victory and triumph.

I was talking with a friend the other day and she was asking me how I was doing.  She’s a precious soul who was genuinely asking to know the answer.  Because she cares deeply.  My response to her was, “I am doing good.  You know... I have learned to stop living in REACTION to all that's going on around me and continue to live in RESPONSE to His nature.  He is good.  He is faithful.  And never ONCE has He ever left us alone.  I am eternally grateful for Jesus.”

It was my heartfelt response in the moment the question was asked of me.  In that very moment my heart was overflowing with gratitude for the season, even with it’s challenges.

But it was her response that surprised me.  She said this, “You think you’re sneaky going around my questions? While those answers are real and true, you know what I meant.”

God love her for digging in deeper.

But it got me thinking.

We have become so conditioned in our society to expect the worst.  We have so lowered our standard of expectations in an effort to match the reality of what we see around us: hurt, defeat, disadvantage, depression.

And we’ve got to change our perspective.
If we’re going to live with Jesus - seated in heavenly places (Eph 2:6), than it is going to require a shifting in our eyesight. 

Jesus only did what He saw the Father do, and He only said what He heard the Father say.
And if we are serious about emulating the character of Christ, we must learn to see differently so that we can do differently… speak differently.

I would tell it to a friend just yesterday in a text.  My prayer for us going into this new season is: To see with a heavenly perspective.  To no longer be discouraged or frustrated by things we see around us.  But instead to SEE with clearer vision… with a heavenly lens. 

The question I am putting before me this year is: “What do YOU see, God?  I want to see what YOU see!” 

It’s all about what we are choosing to focus on.
The war… or our promised victory.
The division… or His call for unity.
The unanswered prayer… or the countless breakthroughs.
The illness… or His Divine healing.
Our lack… or His abundance.
Our weakness… or His greatness.

It’s our choice.  It’s always a choice!

We are not a slave to the conditions of life we’ve been exposed to up until today.  We can choose a better way!

What do You see, Jesus?  I want to be changed by what You see!
Give me a heavenly perspective that changes absolutely everything about my journey here this side of eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment