Monday, February 10, 2020

Finding Peace


I’ve never been much of a traveler.

I prefer to have my feet securely planted on the ground.
I prefer being home to touring about the countryside.
And I am not a fan of flying.

Very few things make me more anxious than boarding a plane, and even fewer things fill me with greater discontent than unexpected mid-flight turbulence.

But there is one thing I can count on… always… that returns me back to assurance, and restores my peace.  One thing I can depend upon in my greatest time of tension.  And it’s all found in his eyes.

The eyes of my sweet husband.

Because he's a seasoned traveler, and he has far greater confidence in aerial transportation than I do.
Because he’s calm and unsuspicious.
Because he’s brave and undaunted by any hint of disturbance.

And one look at his tranquil disposition eases this weary and sometimes apprehensive heart.

I look to him for comfort, and in his eyes I find the qualifier for my contentment.
When he is undeterred… I can be unafraid.

It’s in his strength and fearlessness that I can endure even the roughest of unexpected disturbances, because when I am with him… I am safe and secure, and because in his harmony I have hope.

Oh and it’s just like the Father… with us… His beloved.
He’s sees us stirring.  He knows we’re anxious.
And He’s asking us to take His lead.
To gaze into His eyes.
To behold His face.

To be reassured that because He… is the Father of Peace… we, too, have peace accessible to us at all times.

Isaiah 26:3 says, “You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.”

Because when we look into His eyes… when we search His calm disposition and His loving peacefulness… our burdens are suddenly lighter.  In beholding His beauty we have no reason to fear. 

He is with us.
And He is making our paths safe.

Keep looking to Him.  Don't grow weary in your gaze.

He is all the peace we ever need!

No comments:

Post a Comment