Friday, April 10, 2020

REVIVAL Will Come When To Onlookers All Seems Most Hopeless


John 11 is a familiar story.

In it we find the illness of Lazarus, the close friend of Jesus, and his subsequent death and resurrection.

Three distinct verses stand out to me:
verse 32 - "When Mary arrived and saw Jesus, she fell at His feet and said, 'Lord if only You would have been here, my brother would not have died.'"
verse 39 - "Jesus said, 'Roll the stone aside...'"
verse 40 - "Then Jesus said, 'Did I not tell you that if you believe you will see the glory of the God?'"


Sometimes, like Mary, all we can see is what didn't happen. What could have happened. What prayers didn't get answered. What devastation lies at every turn.

But what Jesus had PLANNED was far greater than they could have imagined, and certainly superseded their faith and trust.

And in the midst of it all I am believing for REVIVAL. If not globally, than within my own heart. THAT I DO have control over.

Revival, by definition, is this = "restoration to life, consciousness, vigor, strength; restoration to use; a new production of an old play; an awakening; reviving; a reawakening of faith; to recover from a state of neglect; recovery of life from death or apparent death; return to activity from a state of languor; to raise from depression or discouragement; to refresh with hope or joy; to bring again to notice."

REVIVAL was upon Mary and the people who were present at the death of her brother.
But she didn't see it.
She couldn't perceive it.
Isaiah 43:19 says, "For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland."

There's a REVIVAL happening for the children of God. And I, for one, cannot afford to miss it.

I WILL not miss it.

Revival will come when to onlookers all seems most hopeless.

The time for returning to Him... and for REVIVAL in your own heart... is now!

No comments:

Post a Comment