Friday, June 5, 2020

Flow Living Water


Because when you’re constantly on the lookout for Jesus, you can find Him almost everywhere you turn.

And so it was for this wandering pursuer of Jesus on a warm day in early June.  And it was in the cleaning of my kitchen of all things.

I had turned on the water and was cleaning my sink from all of the afternoon dishes.  Reaching for the hand wand to get a good spray of the portion of the sink I couldn’t quite hit with the faucet, I was surprised that no water came through.

Ahh.. and then I realized it was because the main water source had been set to the off position.  I had inadvertently turned off the main faucet, so naturally no water flowed from the hand wand.

It’s a silly analogy I admit, but one that resonated with this weary soul who needed to be reminded of God’s life source to the ones He calls His friends.  The ones He never leaves of forsakes.

And looking at that tiny wand who’s water source had been restricted, made me think about my life source, and the water I so desperately need flowing in me and through me.

And when my main supply is turned off, I suffer drought and dehydration.
When my connection to the source of living water is severed, I experience a parching unquenchable by any human effort.

Staying connected to the Father allows for His Spirit to flow in and through me, that I might never lack all that I need to experience the life in full He intended for me to have.

John 7:38 tells us the words of Jesus this way in the Passion Translation, “Believe in Me so that rivers of living water will burst out from within you, flowing from your innermost being, just like the scripture says!”

Oh my prayer - flow through me, Holy Spirit, so that I can pour out to others.
Flow through me so I can feel the strength of Your Spirit that washes over these dry bones of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment