Thursday, June 4, 2020

There!


I would see it there in my bible as though it were highlighted just for me.
Because the truth really is that some days are harder than others.
And when the words are few from human agencies, the Word serves as a salve to the soul.

Isaiah 35.
And I dissect the words.
And slowly, so my heart can feel them.

“Even the wilderness and desert will be glad in those days.
The wasteland will rejoice and blossom with spring crocuses.
Yes, there will be an abundance of flowers and singing and joy!
The deserts will become as green as the mountains of Lebanon,
as lovely as Mount Carmel or the plain of Sharon.
There the Lord will display his glory,
the splendor of our God.
With this news, strengthen those who have tired hands,
and encourage those who have weak knees.”


Oh and can’t we all use this encouragement today.. now.. more than ever?

Even in the wilderness and desert… yes, Lord, that’s where we’re at.
And even here, in the wasteland, we can rejoice.
Because even here is an abundance of flowers and singing and joy.
THERE… HERE… He will display His glory.
There where you are… here where I am.
He meets us in our mess.
He comes to us with willingness in His rescue for the ones He calls His own.
And there… in the midst of it all will be His glory and His splendor.
And with THIS news… the news of His goodness and grace… we have the fortitude to strengthen others who, too, have tired hands and weak knees.
Because the greatest profit of our pain is preparation for all He has next.
The greatest privilege of our participation of challenges is holding one another up.

And so I lift my weary, tired, despondent heart on a Thursday morning and I say.. HERE the Lord will display His glory.  Yes - even here - the splendor of God!  And with this news… THIS Good News that was never meant to be kept a secret… I will strengthen those with tired hands from the toil, and encourage those who’s knees are weak from the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment