Thursday, October 8, 2020

Let My Words Be Your Words Jesus


I was studying in Acts, chapter 19 when I came across a reference in my commentary to Matthew 10. This is Jesus speaking and He was talking to His disciples and says this in verse 16, “Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves.” (vs 16)

He goes on to warn them about the dangers that were to ensue, and also of the great opportunity that would come in it all to tell the rulers and other unbelievers about Jesus Christ.

And then He says this in verses 19-20, “When you are arrested, don’t worry about how to respond to what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking, it will be the Spirit of the your Father speaking through you.”

There are SO MANY TIMES when I will be talking with someone and I will simultaneously praying that God would fill my mouth with the words HE wants me to speak.

Because the truth really is that I never want to be outside of His will for my life by the way I communicate.

Jesus only did what He saw the Father do, and He only SAID what He heard the Father say.

And so it must be with me.

As a follower of Jesus, I must pay close attention to the words I am saying.
  • How am I communicating Jesus with my very life?
  • Am I being harsh?

  • Am I being unfair?
  • Am I being accusatory?
  • Am I being rude?
  • Am I speaking truth in love?

Take a look back at the scripture (vs 19)… and think, ESPECIALLY, of the challenging times, “when you are arrested.”

  • When you are taken advantage of…
  • When you are treated poorly…
  • When you are spoken ill of…
  • When you are wrongfully accused…
  • When you aren’t provided something you felt you were “entitled to”…
HOW am I speaking?

Am I demonstrating my faith in Jesus?
Am I conveying the heartbeat of the Father?

Oh how it matters.
Words matter.

And so it becomes each of us to ask this of ourselves every single day.
So not to be confused by hearers who can’t discern to whom we belong by our tongues.

No comments:

Post a Comment