Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Redefine


 
In my prayer binder, I wrote this. Something that came to me in the early morning hours this past Thursday.
 
It started out as a thought - and then became a prayer.
I heard the word - REDEFINE.
 
And I wrote it down on a sticky note:
“God help us to REDEFINE You in the land of the living.”
 
Redefine is an interesting word.
 
To “Define” means this = “to explain or identify in nature or essential qualities; to fix or lay down clearly; to make clear the outlines or forms of; to fix with precision.”
 
And the truth is that we are need of redefining of Jesus in the world.
 
Because for a long time now He has been falsely represented in the world.
 
Because we haven’t done our job of promoting Him in the best light possible.
 
And so I challenge myself to begin praying that God would help me to REDEFINE who He is to the world around me.
 
The one that is hurting without Him.
The one that deserves to witness the glory and the power of Jesus Christ.
 
God - help us to redefine you to the world. To explain You best, to identify Your nature and your character by displaying it in our own lives, to make clear with precision Your goodness and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment