Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Embrace The Mystery

 

I don’t have the answers.
None of us do.
But it’s still a sticky note that lives on my bulletin board.
Something I felt God whispered to me, and JUST before the pandemic began.
“Embrace the mystery.”
 I would even say it to a class I was teaching in February, “I am embracing the mystery.. because all is an invitation.”

Mystery by definition means this = “anything that is kept secret or remains unexplained or unknown; obscure, puzzling, or mysterious in quality of character; any truth that is unknowable except by divine revelation.”

And what I have learned is this - we all live with a fair amount of mystery.
And it’s purpose isn’t to alienate us from God.
Quite the opposite.
It’s been assigned to us for the purpose of attaching us in closer relationship with Him.
It’s all invitation… invitation to deeper common with God.

This mystery is an invitation.
An invitation to know the Father.

I cannot always know what He’s doing - but I can trust Him in the process.
I cannot know why we are asked to endure some painful battles - but I can rest in His provision.

I cannot always look at the tree and appreciate it’s shadow, but I can look back as having relished in it’s shade.  I can look back and marvel at it’s beauty… the very thing I might have missed if not for it’s once inconvenience.

Proverbs 25:2 says it this way, “It is God’s privilege to conceal things and the kings privilege to discover them.”

You and I - are the kings.  And it is our privilege to “redeem the time, because the days are evil.”  (Eph 5:16)

So I will embrace the mystery.
I don’t have to know after all.
But I do need to know the One who holds it all.
And knows it all.
And is still redeeming it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment