Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I Must Be Battle Ready!

 


Hebrews 6:3 is a verse I stopped at the other day.
 
It came out of nowhere really.
 
And it got me thinking.
 
I think we are living in a critical time.
 
I know, with the pandemic, and the attack on Capitol Hill last week, you are likely thinking the same thing.
 
But I’ve been wrestling with this thought for well over a year now.
 

And the time we are living in is critical.
 
And the call for the people of Jesus to rise has never been louder or more necessary to heed.
 
We are living in a time where reading a “verse a day” is not going to be enough.
We are living in a time where simply “getting inspiration” is not going to cut it.
 
We have to be battle ready.
We have to put on our full armor.
We have to prepare for His glory.
 
I am firmly believing it more in the depths of my soul than ever before.
 
I live with one verse ringing in my ears more than most and most days.
It’s Amos 8:11-12.
It says this, “‘The time is surely coming,’ says the Sovereign Lord, ‘when I will send a famine on the land—not a famine of bread or water but of hearing the words of the Lord. People will stagger from sea to sea and wander from border to border searching for the word of the Lord, but they will not find it.’”
 
You may be tempted to think that we are living in frightening times… but if this is our constant focus, then we aren’t spending enough time in His Word and in His presence.
 
And so we may need to ask ourselves - is what I am getting into my very soul… is it enough?
  • Will it shift my mindset?
  • Will it strengthen my spirit?
  • Will it prepare me for the spiritual battle that lies ahead?
Hebrews 6:3 says this, “And so, God willing, we will move forward to further understanding.”


 
God, ready Your people.
Prepare us for all You have.
 
There’s a time coming where we might not be this privileged.

No comments:

Post a Comment