Friday, September 19, 2014

But He Did

I suppose I should've been upset when he dropped the luggage in the bedroom.  And then proceeded to leave it there.


A 2-day business trip.  And he's been doing this for years, but I don't know that a wife ever gets used to her husband being gone away from the nest for even one night.

And then he returns on a Thursday afternoon and drops it all... in your space... for you to take care of.

And yet all I can do is... rejoice.

Because I am so glad he's home!

And because even as I stare down at that piece of luggage I know that his being here... is a gift.  Because God didn't have to return him to us safely.

But He did.

God didn't have to grace me with a man who radically loves his family the way Trevor does.

But He did.

God didn't have to entrust me with the heart of a man who is the most considerate and compassionate person I know.

But He did.

And I am so grateful!

So I will lovingly put away the luggage and the dress shirts and the toiletries.  And I will do so with a smile a mile wide.

Because I am enormously loved and blessed beyond measure!
 "And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."  {Ephesians 5:21} 
Finding JOY in the JOurneY,


2 comments: