Friday, December 29, 2017

Proper Sight For Your Precise Flight



I tripped climbing up the stairs the other day.

Yep.  I am that graceful.

Strange, really.  Tripping as I went UP.

I was carrying some heavy boxes up from the basement, and while my close-range vision was obscured, my long-range vision was clear, but altered somewhat - giving me a false illusion to how many steps were still remaining.  It almost took me down completely.  I was looking too far ahead instead of keeping focused on the step that was right in front of me.

And I think it’s like that in life sometimes.  We get too preoccupied with what is going on up ahead.  We get too concerned about the things that are outside of our control.

And God doesn’t want us ahead of Him.  He gives us grace enough for today.  Matthew 6:34 says, “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.”  Ahh… He's here with us today.  In this moment.  And looking too far into the future only proves to be a stumbling block to the blessings God has for us now.  This day.

We get easily distracted and discouraged when we look too far up that staircase.  When we allow ourselves to become too fixated on the future, we lose track of the goodness God has for us in the moment.  God gives proper sight for our precise flight… and it is only revealed to us one step at a time.

Be patient, friend.  He’s got this.  He’s got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment