Tuesday, April 24, 2018

He's Filled AND Moved With Compassion!

And then there comes a morning in the middle of the week.

Tears streaming.
Love abiding.

A sweet morning when the Holy Spirit’s presence is so amazing you are left awestruck.

Praises!!!
So many of them.

Blessings overflowing!

And just like He often does… the Holy Spirit was at work this morning as I prayed. (So grateful that I keep a pen with me as I pray!)

Last week for our Wednesday night bible study at church, I wrote down all the verses I could find on the demonstration of Jesus’ compassion. I was able to find more than 10 examples of being filled with compassion on behalf of His sons and daughters all throughout the Gospels.

But I had this thought this morning… Jesus wasn't just FILLED with compassion… He was also MOVED with compassion.

Matt 14:14 in the NLT says, "... He had compassion on them and healed the sick."
But the King James version says, "...He was moved with compassion toward them, and he healed their sick."

Filled = Made full; supplied with abundance.
Moved = Stirred (to action); excited.

Oh filled and moved!!!

Two different words!

He IS, indeed, filled with compassion. He is supplied and has an abundance of it.

BUT…

He also IS, indeed, MOVED with compassion. He is stirred to action and excited to extend it.

HE is FILLED and MOVED with compassion!!!!

And the proof that He was moved with compassion is found in the remainder of that verse... "... He healed their sick."

He was moved to action!

He is a GOOD GOOD God!! And He doesn’t just sit on His throne filled with compassion yet refusing to apply the action steps of grace!

He is a God who LONGS to hear from His children and LONGS to know the desires of our hearts.

He is a God who displays enormous compassion on His sons and daughters.

And He does.

And so I believe today… TODAY is a new day! A day that we reach out for His compassionate hand. A day that we cling to His compassion and declare His goodness over our lives.

Oh how MADLY in love He is with you!!!

And I felt impressed on my heart, too, that as we pray we need to remember (and I wrote this in my journal too, the words that dropped into my Spirit right from the Father)… “Just because it’s not visible by the eyes, doesn't mean it can’t be perceivable in the heart!”

Oh the ways He longs to show you compassion today!!!

All of us!

Let’s cling to Him today in a new way! And trust and believe in His sweet compassion like never before!

He is filled AND moved with compassion.

He’s filled with it… and He is moving on your behalf!

He will never leave us alone in our complacency!!

Enjoy this song I have attached below.  I just know you’re going to fall in love with it like I did!! Soak in it today if you can! (And get your tissues!)

And let's praise Him today for WHO He is and all He longs to do in and through our lives!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQOcUizZuQ

No comments:

Post a Comment